About: Lynda Majure Ruf
- Education : EdS, LMFT, LMHC
- Email : mailto:email@example.com
- College : University of Florida
- Specialist in : see below
I provide therapy to individuals, couples, and families on a wide variety of issues, including self-esteem, personal meaning, abuse and violence, trauma, grief and loss, anxiety, depression, stress, gender issues, spirituality, and wellness. Developmental work includes assisting clients in successfully navigating life transitions. Relationship areas include premarital, divorce, remarriage, and step families. In addition to more traditional "talk" therapy," when indicated, I will suggest using techniques such as EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) that involve releasing cognitive or emotional blocks.
My work with clients is collaborative and focuses on exploring life contexts while identifying and highlighting strengths and resources. My goal is to join with you as you identify, clarify, and work towards your own growth-oriented, healing goals. I specialize in using EMDR and Brainspotting to release cognitive, emotional, and physical blocks.
- MEd/EdS, University of Florida, Marriage & Family Therapy, 1998
- Post-Degree Certificate, Center for Couples and Family Development at the Gainesville Family Institute, Couples & Family Therapy, 2000
- PhD Candidate, University of Florida, Marriage & Family Therapy, 2000
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MT 1997 Florida
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor MH 6563 Florida
- EMDRIA Certified in EMDR
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) 55128
- EMDRIA-Approved Training Provider & Consultant
- Certified EMDR Clinician
Voluntary Credentials and Memberships
- Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International & Beta Chapter
- NBCC National Certified Counselor
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Member
- EMDRIA Certified Therapist in EMDR
- EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- Florida Association for Marriage & Family Therapy, Clinical Member
- EMDRIA Clinical Member
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, Qualified Supervisor for MHC, MFT
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) Approved Trainer, Consultant and Certified Clinician
- American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT), Clinical Member
- Florida Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (FAMFT), Clinical Member
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), Certified Counselor
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISST-D), Member
|Anxiety Disorders||Bereavement/Grief/Loss||Clinical Depression||Brainspotting|
|Depressive Disorders||Domestic Violence-victim||Gay and Lesbian Issues||Infertility-related Issues|
|Insomnia||Intimacy Issues||Panic Attacks||Phobias|
|Post Traumatic Stress Disorder||Rape Crisis||Relationship Issues||Self Esteem|
|Seniors Issues, Aging||Sexual Trauma and Recovery||Stress Management||Self Injury|
Energy Psychology (EP)
Energy psychology focuses on the inter-relationship of energy systems, emotion, behavior, psychopathology, and health. These systems include the electrical activity of the nervous system, acupuncture meridians, chakras, bio-fields, and morphogenetic fields.
While psychological functioning includes cognitive, hormonal, neurologic, genetic, neurochemical and environmental factors, at a fundamental level bio energy is involved in emotions and behavior. Just as a radio receiver is informed at a subtle level by radio waves, subtle levels of energy catalyze psychological and other aspects of functioning. Energy psychology is applicable to a wide range of areas including psychopathology, psychotherapy, education, vocational guidance, physical health, sports and peak performance.
Neuro Emotional Technique (NET)
It is human nature to have emotional responses to significant events in our lives. It's also human nature for our bodies to return to a "normal" state at some point after a significant event. Sometimes, however, we can have a nero-physiological deficit at the time of a significant event and an emotional response can become "locked" in our bodies. The result is ill health or an imbalance in one or more areas of our lives.
The NET and Neuro Emotional Anti-Sabotage Technique (NEAT) are methodologies used to normalize the unresolved physical and/or behavioral patterns that have become "locked" in your body. NET/NEAT therapists are trained to assist the body's own healing process by identifying and eliminating our unresolved NECs. With your help, we will quickly find the origin of your NEC and, using acupressure points on your wrist, release or "unlock" the NEC. This allows your nervous system to work better, which allows your body to naturally return to a more balanced state.